Join us in Edmonton in May, as Brontë Bride curates a whimsical garden wedding shootout in the beautiful new space of Sparrow Lane. Be one of the very first photographers to shoot in this stunning venue, and capture all the best fine art details and modern styling touches.
The main shootout portion will feature a real couple, and include styled segments like a wow-worthy tablescape, floral-filled ceremony setup, and fine art details and stationery pieces. There will only be 12 photographers for this session, and attendees will be split into 2 smaller groups for most of the time, so you'll have lots of time to shoot details, direct models, try new things, and get creative!
We will also be hosting an educational workshop session with Jenny Jean Photography! It will be a beautiful bridal session, with garden florals and fine art styling. The education portion will be centered around shooting film, and curating a fine art brand. This workshop session is only available for 4 attendees. If you do join us for the day (3-8pm), we will also be supplying a small dinner/individually boxed meal for you to enjoy between sessions, as you connect with the other attendees in the hour between the sessions.
Monday May 30th 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Venue: Sparrow Lane Events
Shootout Session: 6:00-8:00pm
Film Workshop Session with
Jenny Jean Photography: 3:00-5:20pm
Shootout + Workshop Session
Primary Session: Fine Art Wedding Shootout
(only 11 Spots)
• real couple
• stationery & details
Timing: 6:00pm-8:00pm (2 hours)
Workshop Session with Jenny Jean Photography:
Film 101 & Curating a Fine Art Brand
(only 6 Spots!)
• in-person workshop/ live education
• bridal editorial session
Timing: 3:00pm-5:20pm (2 hours 20 minutes)
This shootout session has a maximum capacity of 11 participants plus 1 lead photographer. The workshop session has a maximum capacity of 6 attendees. Registration is first come, first serve. Read our FAQ page for our policies on returns and exchanges.
Regarding masks & precautions: Our sessions will no longer have a mandatory mask requirement. We still ask that attendees remain somewhat socially distanced at sessions, out of respect for others in attendance. We will also have free masks on site, for anyone who would like to use them/wear them. Please respect others and their personal choices. And please try your best to remain socially distanced with the models.
To register, make sure you're signed up for our email list to get the earlybird registration link! Fill out our registration form, sign the attendee agreement form, and pay the attached invoice.
Once you have paid the invoice and signed the attendee agreement form, you are officially registered for the workshop! Before the session, you will receive an email with further information regarding what you need to bring, how to prepare, the exact location, etc.
Please read our FAQ page for further important information!
1. A fine art high-end wedding to add to your portfolio (in a brautiful new venue!)
2. More experience photographing and directing couples, shooting in different lighting situations & capturing details!
3. New friends & a community to share and grow with!
4. The opportunity to join our TTH Community Facebook Group and stay connected with fellow attendees!
5. The experience of getting creative and doing what you love (without all that client-related stress). Creativity for the sake of creativity!
6. If you join the workshop component, you'll get the workshop kit. the digital resource, as well as loads of education and learning to take home with you!
WHAT YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH
• Fine Art
only 11 spots!
For the shootout portion, there won’t be any instruction or education during the session, but we will have a lead photographer (Jenny Jean) to help initiate posing and model direction, and to answer questions here and there if needed. As there will only be 12 photographers split into groups, attendees will have lots of time to direct models and shoot independently.
only 4 spots!
with Jenny Jean Photography
3:00pm: Attendees arrive, sign-in, grab Welcome Kit
3:10pm: Welcome & Intro
3:15pm: Workshop with Jenny Jean begins
(workshop will be a mix of education, shadowing the instructor, hands on learning, and shooting/directing the model yourself).
5:20pm: Workshop ends, Attendees grab dinner
5:20pm: Informal Q&A over dinner with Jenny Jean & workshop attendees
5:50pm: Other attendees start arriving
6:00pm: Welcome & Intro for Shootout Session
6:05: Shootout Session begins
(attendees will be split into 2 smaller groups for the majority of the session).
Included in a "full day" ticket:
- Shootout Session
- Workshop Session
- Small Boxed Dinner
- Workshop Welcome Kit
- Digital Resource: Jenny Jean's Film Cheat Sheet!
You have the choice to attend just the Shootout Session or just the Workshop Session, or both! Here's what it would look like if you joined us for the full day (3-8pm).
Register for both sessions and save on our bundled full day option!
A payment plan option will be available for those who purchase the bundled sessions (full day). You can either choose to pay the full amount upon registration, or pay a retainer to secure your spot and then a second payment by May 1st (additional fees apply).
1. Film 101: selecting colour film stock, loading, shooting & rating film, how to use a light meter, how to properly expose your film, how aperture and shutter speed affect your film and the differences from digital, selecting and communicating with your film lab, & integrating film into a digital workflow
2. Mastering Harsh Light With Film: metering in harsh sunlight, using film to help you navigate challenging lighting situations, using shadows to inspire creative compositions
3. Curating a Fine Art Brand: the use of light, colours, composition, posing, and overall branding to achieve a Fine Art Brand Experience
FILM WORKSHOP LEARNING POINTS